- MB BCh BAO (1990) - Medical Degree, University College Dublin.
- FRCSI (1994) - General Surgery training acquired at the 4 principal teaching hospitals in Dublin. Miss Austin successfully secured a training place - amidst fierce competition - on the foremost General Surgery Training Scheme of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
- FRCS (Plast) (2001) – Specialist Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, on completion of a rigorous 6-year specialist training programme, Miss Austin achieved the ultimate qualification of Plastic Surgery training. Accordingly, she was awarded Fellowship.
- GMC Specialist Register entry (2002) – following the successful completion of her training, Miss Austin gained entry onto the GMC Specialist Register of Plastic Surgeons. She was subsequently appointed Consultant in Plastic Surgery at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield.
- Henderson Prize for Surgical Research (1988) – attained during Miss Austin’s Medical Degree
- Registrar’s Prize for Surgery (1992) - attained whilst a Registrar in Dublin
- Patient Care Award (2008)
Miss Austin is a full member of the following organisations:
- General Medical Council (‘GMC’)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (‘BAAPS’)
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons ('BAPRAS')
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- British Burns Association (‘BBA’)
- Methley Park Plastic Surgeons (‘MPPS’)